- This event has passed.
BizMEF Virtual Business Dialogue: Synergies with Sustainable Recovery: The Role of Business in Strengthening NDCs
April 21, 2021 @ 7:30 am - 9:00 am
This is a virtual Business Dialogue that will be held on the margins of the White House Climate Summit and Meeting of the Major Economies Forum. BizMEF Business Dialogues are by invitation only.
RSVP here TODAY if you wish to attend.
This virtual Business Dialogue will build from successful BizMEF Dialogues at COPs in Doha, Warsaw, Lima, Bonn, Katowice, and Madrid in 2019, followed by a first Virtual Business Dialogue in December last year. The 90-minute session will consider:
• Benefits of consultation and engagement with business for ambition and resource mobilization in NDCs
• Cost-benefit analysis and all-of-economy considerations in NDCs
• Connecting national and global NDC processes in the context of recovery/building back better
Invited speakers include:
- Lauren K. Sanchez – Office of the Special Presidential Envoy for Climate
- Michael Ochieng’ Okumu – Government of Kenya
- Yukihiro Kawaguchi – Japan Office of Global Environmental Affairs
- Mechthild Worsdorfer – International Energy Agency (IEA)
- Joaquim Leite – The NDC Partnership
- Dr. Arunabha Ghosh – Indian Center for Environment, Energy and Water
- Dan Byers – U.S. Chamber of Commerce Global Energy Institute
A provisional agenda is available here.
The Major Economies Business Forum on Energy Security and Climate Change (BizMEF) is a partnership of major multi-sectoral business organizations from major economies in developed and developing countries, and includes CBI, BusinessEurope, CII, Dansk Industri, Business Unity South Africa, CGEM, MEDEF, BDI, Keidanren, and CNI; Since its launch in 2009, BizMEF has provided responsible business views and practical input to the international climate change discussions at UNFCCC (including the SBI) and the OECD CCXG. The United States Council for International Business (USCIB) and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce serve as the U.S. partners of BizMEF.