DISCLAIMER: USCIB makes every effort to keep information on this page up to date. Users are advised to consult with the local customs authorities of the country or territory in question to ensure accuracy and conformity with local laws. USCIB cannot be held liable for any incorrect or out-of-date information contained on this page.
Accepts ATA Carnets for:
Visit India Customs at: http://www.cbec.gov.in/
Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)
Federation House, Tansen Marg
New Delhi 110-001, India
Tel: (91-11) 23738760 -70 (11 lines)
Fax: (91-11) 23320714 – 23721504
- Effective January 18, 2018, India accepts Carnets for professional equipment: please click here for details. Carnet entry under Professional Equipment will be restricted to two months. Extension for an additional two months is possible. Please refer to Indian customs’ guidelines.
- As of December 1, 2017, the security deposit amount required for U.S.-issued ATA Carnets destined for India has been raised to 55% of the value.
- Carnets are accepted for exhibitions and fairs, whether government sanctioned or private. Goods imported into India under cover of ATA Carnets have to be re-exported within the six-month period following their importation. If you would want your goods to remain in India longer than the six-month period, you should obtain approval therefore (1) from the Customs office of import; (2) before the six-month period has expired. Failing such approval within the due period, duties, taxes and interests would become payable.
- FICCI charges 1200 RPS per guarantee letter issued to facilitate customs clearance.
- Indian Customs offices at the following ports are authorized to handle ATA Carnets and their hours are Monday to Friday, from 10am to 5pm:
- New Delhi (National Capital Territory of Delhi – North India)
- Mumbai (Maharashtra – West India)
- Chennai (Tamil Nadu – South India)
- Kolkata (West Bengal – East India)
- Cochin (Kerala – South India)
- Bangalore (Karnataka – South India)
- Dadri -Noida – ICD (Uttar Pradesh – North India)
- Hyderabad – ICD (Andhra Pradesh – South India)
- Goa Airport – ICD (South India)
- Ahmedabad (Gujarat – West India)
- Jaipur (Rajasthan – Northern India)