US Virgin Islands

DISCLAIMER: USCIB makes every effort to keep information on this page up to date. Users are advised to consult with the local customs authorities of the country or territory in question to ensure accuracy and conformity with local laws. USCIB cannot be held liable for any incorrect or out-of-date information contained on this page.


U.S. Virgin Islands Flag



January 2015

An ATA Carnet, whether U.S or foreign, will NOT be accepted as a means of temporary importation.

As of this writing, USCIB understands the following to be the procedures for importing goods into the U.S. Virgin islands (St. Thomas, St. Croix, and St. John).


  1. Business license.  Such license must be obtained from St. Thomas as it is the first port of entry into the territory.  This license covers goods whether intended for sale or show.  For further information, contact 340-774-3130.
  2. Customs Bond, either continuous or single entry depending on need or frequency of visit.  Standard wording for a U.S. customs bond is NOT sufficient.  Be sure that your bond contains the specific USVI rider, otherwise it will be declined.  Islands.
  3. Commercial Invoice.

To contact customs in the U.S. Virgin Islands, visit

Staff Contact:   Glendy Sung

VP, Carnet Operations
Tel: 212.703.5073

Related Content